The Simply45™ Professional LAN Cable Stripper is a patented easy-to-use professional LAN cable stripper that is adjustable to professionally strip both unshielded (UTP) and shielded (STP) copper LAN cables. The S45-S01BL easily strips Cat7a, Cat7, Cat6a, Cat6, Cat5e, Cat3 shielded and unshielded networking cables. This is a must-have in every installer’s tool kit. The tool comes in two colors: Blue (S45-S01BL) and Yellow (S45-S01YL).
S45-S01BL Professional Adjustable LAN Cable Stripper Instructions:
- Turn the knob counterclockwise on the top of the tool to raise the trimming blade.
- Squeeze the Tool handles to Open and insert your LAN cable in the tool channel.
- Adjust as necessary where you want to strip to begin by sliding the LAN cable forward or backward.
- Lower the trimming blade by turning clockwise
- You want the trimming blade to gently touch the cable jacket so that when the tool is turned it will only score the jacket.
- You should only need to use one revolution of turning the tool to score the cable jacket. Do not cut too deep as you may nick or cut the insulated wires.
- Squeeze the tool handles to remove the cable. Gently bend the cable around the score. If done correctly you should hear a slight snap when the jacket breaks free.
- Inspect the wire conductors to make sure the wire insulation was not damaged. If the insulation on one of the wires has been cut, then cut off the cable and restart the trimming process from the beginning.
- After using the Simply45™ S45-S01BL Adjustable LAN Cable Stripper a few times you will get the hang on how tight you need to lower the blade to correctly strip the jacket.
Simply45™ S45-S01BL Adjustable LAN Cable Stripper Features:
Turning Knob for Precise Stripping Depth. It is very easy to adjust the stripping depth of the S45-S01BL Adjustable LAN Cable Stripper. Simply turn the knob counterclockwise to raise the trimming blade or turn the knob clockwise to lower the trimming blade to the cable jacket. You will notice that the knob is a little stiff. This is important as the tool holds its position in the same place so that you can complete multiple cable strips without having to adjust the tool each time.
Works with All LAN Cables – Shielded and Unshielded. The S45-S01BL will professionally strip all of the standard LAN cable types shielded and unshielded including Cat7a, Cat7, Cat6a, Cat6, Cat5e, and Cat3.
Works with Most LAN Cable Jacket Types. The S45-S01BL Adjustable LAN Cable Stripper will professionally strip most jacket types from CMP Plenum, CMR, CM, PVC, LSZH, PE, PUR, and Direct Burial. It is not to be used on Coax cables.
Professionally Strip Speaker Cables. The S45-S01BL Adjustable LAN Cable Stripper also works great to strip Speaker Cables and Audio Cables with jacket types listed above.
Built-In Wire Straightener Comb. The S45-S01BL Adjustable LAN Cable Stripper has a built-in wire straightener comb for straightening LAN cable wire conductors. This is a really great feature and works faster than other devices you may be using now.
Built-In Wire Cutter. The S45-S01BL includes a built-in LAN cable cutter. This can also be used to cut copper speaker and audio cables. Do not use to cut steel core cables or coax cables.
Built-In Flat Cable Stripper. Quickly and easily strip flat LAN and copper speaker/audio cables.
– Works great for Plenum, LSZH, PE & PVC cable jackets
– This is a Must-Have for every integrator’s tool kit.